This will be the most exciting year ever for pool activities at Dellwood. Our new pool complex is scheduled to open in July with the exact date dependent upon weather over the next couple months. We began work on the lap pool last week. The hole has been dug and the pool skeleton will be installed this week. Work on the pool building is on schedule.
April 27th is Junior Sign-Up Day. Come to the Club and sign up for swim lessons and swim team. The plans for swim team are still a little uncertain but we will have a team this year. WBYC has declined to combine swim teams or allow us to rent their pool for practices in June. We are now exploring the possibility of using one of the local pools in June to get a couple practices in before meets begin. As soon as we know the schedule for meets we will post them on our website. Fortunately, Maggie Smith will be back this summer to manage the pool, provide swim lesson and run the swim team.
Our pool operations will change in some aspects when we re-open this year. The changes are:
- The pool will remain open after Labor Day as long as the weather allows. After Labor Day the pool will be open weeknights from 4pm-8pm and weekends 11am-4pm.
- The pool building has a sit-down bar, covered dining area, locker rooms with showers and a service counter for towels, pool toys and sun screen. Full food and beverage service will be available through the pool bar.
- Cabanas will be available by reservation.
- The pool area will be available to members for parties and the club will be hosting events at the pool throughout the summer.
- As a part of our member wellness and fitness programs we will offer a variety of swim fitness classes each summer. Details will follow prior to the pool opening.
Looking forward to a great summer at the new Dellwood Pool Complex!